Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Day

Well as many of you know, yesterday was Election Day.  

This election was a special one for me, because it was the first time that I was able to vote in the presidential election and so I did! I made sure that I didn't go to the polls as just a voter, but an educated voter.  I think it's so important for all Americans to be educated voters, after all, we are deciding who the next President of the United States will be.  

Funny story -- since it was my first time voting...of course I wanted an 'I Voted' sticker!  I felt like a little kid wanting that piece of candy for a job well done.  Anyways, after I casted my vote, the seat of the "sticker lady" was empty (insert gasp face here)!  So again, like a little kid my mom went and found me one.  So, I got my sticker and I have my mom to thank for that.


Fast forward to today November 7, 2012.  
President Obama has been chosen as our President for a second term!
I don't feel that it's right for me to get into the nitty gritty details of what my political opinions are.  However, I will proudly state that "I voted for President Obama".  

I hope that everyone reading this blog (that is of age), exercised their right as an American to vote.  
This isn't a right that is given to every country and we need to embrace our rights as Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment