Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Start of Something New

Hello everyone,
my name is Katelynn Smith and I'm your new
Miss Empire Rose 2012

Where do I even start?
Yesterday was the start of something new, a journey to my dream and a journey that will have memories to last a lifetime.  I competed with 10 other beautiful young women and any one of them were just as deserving of the crown as I was.  I'm proud to say that one of those 10 young women just so happens to be my sister queen!  Congratulations
Miss Empire Star 2012, Danielle Trumbull

This was my second year competing in the Miss America Organization and it was my 7th pageant.  Last year I competed at Miss Empire Rose/Empire Star and I was 2nd runner up.  That was the first time I had ever placed in a pageant and Janet Murphy made my first time placing such a wonderful experience.  I couldn't be more honored to represent the Miss Empire Rose Organization.

A little about myself:
I am 20 years old
I am a full time student
I will be graduating FMCC in May
I will be attending The College of Saint Rose in the fall
I am a dancer
I love to bake (I make a world famous pumpkin roll)
I live in the small town of Broadalbin
I watch The View religiously
It's my dream to be Miss America.

Throughout my year as Miss Empire Rose, I will be promoting my platform of 
Suicide Prevention and Awareness
I am very passionate about this topic, it's something that is very close to me and it's also something I feel almost every person can relate to.  I want to focus on decreasing the stigma that surrounds suicide to make it a more preventable issue.  Suicide is something that can be 100% preventable and we can come together to increase the knowledge of suicide so that people that are struggling are more likely to reach out for help before turning to suicide for an answer.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I plan to run with it!  My first step towards achieving my dream was to win Miss Empire Rose.  Now that I have taken my first step, it's time to start preparing for the next...Miss New York!  I will competing in June at the St. George Theatre in Staten Island for the title of Miss New York 2012!  For more information, visit www.missny.org

Well, it's time to get working on being the best Miss Empire Rose I can be!  
Also, be sure to follow my :
Twitter account - twitter.com/MissEmpireRose
and
Facebook page - facebook.com/MissEmpireRose2012
You can also email me at MissER12@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment