Friday, May 18, 2012

Broadalbin-Perth Pre-K Wellness Day

I had the honor of joining the Broadalbin-Perth Pre-K class for their 2012 Wellness Day.  I was in charge of my very own dance station to teach them a dance, get them moving and emphasize how important it is to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
The weather was beautiful, so we all decided to host the station outside!  I had so much fun teaching a dance to Honnah Montana's 'Ice Cream Freeze'...which I now know all the words to!  I was a little nervous at first, because I wasn't sure if the dance was too difficult for the kids.  I wanted all the kids to walk away from my station having enjoyed themselves and with something that they could take home and show their parents what they learned.

I had no idea why I was so nervous, the kids were all so fantastic and learned the dance quickly!  At the end of the wellness day, we got all the groups together for a end of the day performance....take a look!

Thank you to Mrs. Barker (my former cheerleading coach) for having me participate in your Pre-K Wellness Day, it was my pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment