Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

I had the honor of riding in the Gloversville Annual Memorial Day Parade this past Saturday.  The sidewalks filled with people who came out to se the parade and honor those who serve our country.

After the parade I attended the memorial service that was held to honor our service men.  I was joined by Mayor Dayton King, who continues to give me that extra boost of confidence to believe in myself and I'm so honored to have him and his families support.
 
 Ronald F. Zimmerman gave the main address at the ceremony, he is a senior vice president and portfolio  manager with the Mohawk Valley Group of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and it was such a privilege to meet him, and I support him in his efforts for restoring the opera house in Gloversville.







I also was overjoyed to meet Scooby and Clara Smith at the memorial service and of course I had to get some pictures!









One group of young girls that do a tremendous amount of service for their community are the Girl Scouts.  I was happy to join them as they celebrate their 100th year anniversary, service being one of the most important points of the Miss America crown, I give them kudos for everything that they do.  I complemented the girls on their sashes that were filled with oodles of badges and I let them get a feel of my crown, which they loved almost as much as I love their cookies!!  Thank you Girl Scouts for always putting your best foot forward when helping out in the community.


I would also like to give a special thanks to George Zinner at Fucillo Ford of East Greenbush for sponsoring a 2012 Ford Mustang for me to ride in at the Gloversville Memorial Day Parade.  Miss Empire Rose was definitely riding in style thanks to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment