Saturday, May 12, 2012

Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Carwash


Today, I joined my sister queen Miss Empire Star, Danielle Trumbull for a day full of suds and fun!  We hosted a carwash to benefit the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, the carwash was free and we accepted donations only.
It was a slow start to the day, but eventually we started to pick up and we were getting one car right after the other.  Never did we think that we would have a couple people decide to come back in 20 
minutes because there were so many car ahead of them!

We were even surprised by a couple guests that decided it was time for a wash....sheriff cars!  Yes, that's right we were given the task to scrub as hard as we could to get those bugs off their cars.....trust me it wasn't easy.  We even got to wash a firetruck...so my workout for the day was done!

 Along with the carwash, we hosted a table filled with delicious homemade baked goods.  I'm still unsure if I ate most of the chocolate chip cookies....

Thank you so much to Ken Studier and the Perth Volunteer Fire Department for allowing us to host this carwash at your department and all of your help was greatly appreciated.  It was a joy meeting you as well!



After the carwash, of course I had to get my Dunkin' Donuts fix and I was amazed when I ran into a few fans next door when my mother and I purchased some Mother's Day flowers and some vegetables at Simply Sweet Produce.  It was so nice to meet some little ones that look up to me and were so excited to meet me, I was just as excited to meet them!  We snapped a few pictures and sipped on some of their homemade lemonade that they were selling.

OH!  I almost forgot to mention...we raised $276 for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals!!!  Thank you to everyone that came out to have your car washed and for everyone that wasn't able to make it but still donated, your money is going to support such a great cause and YOU have helped make miracles happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment