Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dine-to-Donate

This evening, I had the privilege of being a special guest at the Recovery Sports Grill for AFSP's Dine to  Donate.  The event was coordinated by Marianne Reid, who is such an extraordinary person inside and out and has one of the biggest hearts that just keeps on giving.

Dine to Donate helped Marianne raise money for her to participate in the Out of The Darkness OVERNIGHT Walk in San Francisco.  Yep, that's right, it's an overnight 16-18 mile walk from dusk to dawn, net proceeds from the walk benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.





It was so simple to donate too ... literally, you just had to stuff your face with food, which I had no problem doing!  15% of your table's check would be donated to Marianne's overnight fund.








It was so nice to see all the families get together for a night out, enjoy a nice dinner and meet new people.  I know that in this busy lifestyle that a majority of us live, eating at the dinner table is almost impossible.  I admit my family is guilty of being so busy, we don't even have the time to eat dinner together, so I loved being able to enjoy a nice dinner with my parents and catch up on things and just relax and I know a lot of families that were there felt the same way.

What made me even more happier was that we all raised nearly $340!!!  Congratulations to Marianne for a spectacular event and good luck to her as she walks overnight for her 3rd year!!!

The Out of The Darkness Overnight Walk will be held on June 9th, so if you weren't able to make the event and would like to help Marianne in her efforts of reaching her goal of $1000, you can visit her personal overnight page and donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment