Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bowling Against Bullying


Today, I attended my most fun appearance to date.  I joined hundreds more to bowl against bullying...I know what many of you are thinking that know me, I know I'm not a extraordinary bowler but I did get a strike or two in there!  I'm proud to say that I was beaten by Kaitlin Monte, Miss New York 2011...so it's perfectly okay with me and we can now say that 2nd runner-up to Miss America is a pretty good bowler!!

This was Anthony Gargiula and the AG Dance Crew's 2nd Annual Bowling Against Bullying event and I have to say it was a remarkable event with a great turn out.  Event proceeds benefit the Kids Empowerment Programs and will be used to bring anti bullying education and programming to the Capital Region.

Anthony is a 12 year old 7th grader and is a remarkable singer, just a few of his appearances to give you an idea of how amazing this young man is, he's been on the Ellen Degeneres show 3 times, sung the National Anthem at Madison Square Garden for the New York Knicks 4 times and he is also the youngest singer to perform on the main stage at Carnegie Hall!  Just....WOW!  It was such an honor to meet Anthony as well as his family, his mother is actually a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant like myself and it was such an inspiration to meet her.  

I also had the pleaser of meeting Jaleel Williams from Jamz 96.3, otherwise known as the host of the J Will Jamboree!  Turns out we have a lot in common, because I am a communications major, so I will be looking forward to that internship in the future!!





And what would this event be without a performance by the one and only Anthony Gargiula and his dance crew!?  I was so impressed with his performance, he's one talented young man and his dance crew is just as talented...I enjoyed every bit of it!






 Anthony was also joined by some amazing talent.... who better than Miss New York herself.  They sung a duo and it was pretty amazing given the fact they had about 5 minutes to decide what song they were going to do!

Thank you Anthony Gargiula and the AG Dance Crew for having me at your event, I had a blast!    

No comments:

Post a Comment