Sunday, April 15, 2012

Miss New York Workshop

Where do I start?!  WOW.  Just wow.  Yesterday was amazing and just so surreal, I had to pinch myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming... I was really at the workshop for Miss New York 2012!  It was a long day, but I can honestly say that I loved being constantly busy and the Miss New York Organization definitely keeps you busy.  There was so much going on the entire day, I loved getting to meet the few girls that I didn't get a chance to meet before and I got to know the other girls that I had met a little more.  Each and every one of them are so amazing, talented, well-spoken and determined.  I can pretty much say the entire St. George Theatre was full of dreams.

Throughout the day each girl got fitted for our Kandice Pelletier swimsuit individually, we had the opportunity to meet with Miss New York 2010, Claire Buffie for an amazing video shoot that will be used before the announcement of the Top 10 at the pageant, of course there was discussion about CMNH and a very touching story told by Ken Nelson and Miss New York 2011, Kaitlin Monte, we had the opportunity to practice our talents for critiques and comments to help us prepare for the pageant, we also got a chance to meet with Project Empower and discuss with them our platform and what we plan to do to take our platform to the next level and we had an exciting guest, Justin Popovics, who gave us some amazing tips and advice for fitness and nutrition!  Although, my favorite part of the day was getting a chance to listen and talk to Kaitlin on a personal level, hearing her story and hear what advice she had for all of us.

It's hard to believe that in just 8 weeks I will be back in the theatre competing for my dream.  In just 8 weeks there will be a new Miss New York.  In just 8 weeks one lucky girl will be given the opportunity to compete on the Miss America stage.  In just 8 weeks, one girls dream is about to come true.

OH!  I almost forgot to mention, I will be competing as contestant number 4!  My interview will be on the morning of June 14th, the same day I will be competing in evening wear and lifestyle & fitness.  On June 15th I will be performing my talent and compete in onstage question.  I cannot wait for what's ahead!

Please take the time to follow on twitter, the official Miss New York Org
You can also 'Like' the Miss New York Org official Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment